Saturday 16 September 2017

Great London Yarn Crawl

Gosh, what a day. Tired before I got to first shop- Left home about 6:45, train from EMP, one underground, one overground tube, then a bus, and into shop at 10:10. Made most welcome though, with tea and cakes. In fact three of the fours shops on the day provided this. Last one didn't even have any chairs, but bus stop right outside for getting back to Tufnell Park and a certain little girl's fifth birthday the next day. Three goody bags, very generous, plus bought Donegal tweed for some mitts, one sock yarn and some paper yarn for my labels. Plus a book I am saving for my birthday, on Dutch Ganseys - my usual favourite format of half history, half patterns. Interesting day, but not enough stamina to want to do it again. One of shops has given a £5 voucher to be used in next year, but no website so have to go in.....

No comments:

Post a Comment